Mindful Art Journaling
An opportunity to explore art and creative writing in a supportive group environment.
Date: Sunday 18th August 2019
Cost: $20 (includes art materials and afternoon tea). Please BYO A4 size art journal/sketch book
Location: Riverdell Spiritual Centre (in the Dining Room)
Facilitators: Kylie Douglas and Jenni Douglas
Are you interested in journaling, exploring art and creative writing?
Do you need support to build your confidence & let go of creative blocks or limitations?
Then this group is for you.
This is a unique opportunity to explore your inner-self in a supportive group environment. Journaling in many forms has been used as a creative spiritual practice for millennia. It is a great self-teaching tool that can provide a powerful framework for self-reflection and emotional awareness.
Typical journaling involves only writing—but this workshop is for those who would like to explore a visual expression as well.
You will be guided through a process where you feel supported in your creative self-expression.
Feel relaxed, relax the mind, feel from the heart and let your creative journaling flow without judgement.
We work on the following principals:
- There is no bad art or writing, no mistakes
- Our aim is to let go of perfectionism and self-judgement
- We intend on facilitating an environment that will:
– Enable your passion to be expressed
– Enable you to feel what you love, what excites you, what fires up your heart and soul & allow this to flow onto paper
– Enable everyone to hold the creative process and each other with love, support and bring a sense of community.
This is the first in what we hope will be a monthly series of Mindful Art Journaling programs at Riverdell.
Kylie Douglas has extensive experience of using journaling as a creative personal development tool. She is passionate about using words & creative art, drawing, colouring and collage to foster personal clarity and self-confidence.
She has participated in the ‘Free to Write’ Group through Anglicare and an
Online 10 week ‘Creative Mindfulness’ program with an organisation called Positive Psychology.
Kylie uses this learning and creativity for her own personal development.
Jenni Douglas co-ordinates and facilitates community programs at Riverdell. She has a passion for the small group process and assisting people to make connections. Jenni leads meditation and facilitates numerous small group programs at Riverdell.
– A4 size Art Journal or Sketch Book.
Provided for you….
– Collage materials, magazines, coloured papers, textas, pencils, crayons, pastels, glue sticks, afternoon tea (dips, biscuits, coffee, tea and water)
For more information please phone the Riverdell Spiritual Centre office during business hours on 8523 1329 or visit www.riverdell.org.au.