Embracing the Goddess Within
From the ancient temples of Malta to modern day Hindu temples, the Goddess has always been revered. Treat yourself to this full day workshop that focuses on bringing the ancient practices of the divine feminine into the modern age. Throughout the day we will be focusing on the whole body, mind and spirit connection.
Visit Her ancient temples that once dominated the landscape all around the world.
Connect with Her divine energies through meditative practices.
Explore the beauty of modern practices that are based on ancient ones.
Capture the essence of the Goddess through sacred song and vibration.
Embrace Her divine energies through gentle movement.
Nurture your inner Goddess soul with guided meditations.
Discover your place of inner peace and sacredness within.
Date: 9th November 2019
Cost: $120 per person
Location: Riverdell Spiritual Centre (the Sanctuary)
- To understand the historical worship of the Goddess, the Divine Feminine, from archaeological evidence.
- To identify the ongoing worship of the Goddess in the modern age.
- To identify and understand the concept of the Goddess within mythology.
- To discuss ways the inclusion of the concept of the Divine Feminine can benefit modern life.
- To discover ways the honouring of the Goddess can be undertaken within contemporary society regardless of religious/spiritual beliefs.
Please bring along a notebook, pen, water and your lunch/snacks for the day.
About the facilitator, Frances Billinghurst:
Frances Billinghurst has been interested in mythology, metaphysics and mysticism for most of her life which led her to study ancient practices of an almost forgotten era. Being a prolific writer, her articles about the Goddess have appeared in numerous publications including Unto Herself, A Mantle of Stars, Naming the Goddess and The Faerie Queens. She is also the author of Dancing the Sacred Wheel and In Her Sacred Name. When she is not writing, Frances is a principal energy healer and tarot reader at the Isian Centre of Metaphysics where she offers a variety of workshops and courses on creating the sacred in the modern age (www.isiancentreofmetaphysics.com.au).